The Elder Planning Counsellor plays a very important part in dealing with elders on a financial, social or health basis.
I live in West Kelowna and primarily serve my clients as their Financial Representative in Kelowna, West Kelowna and Peachland so that I can play that role by being local and able to visit you at your home. My team, at our office, provide everything that you would expect from great Financial Planners.
As an elder myself, I can relate to your concerns and I am eager to help you with your Financial Planning. It’s never too late to get things in order and the sooner you do that the better for your sake, long term. After all, we are all living longer than we used to. That takes planning to comfortably run your own life for the long haul.
Elders appreciate professionals who:
Know the issues and alternatives that are important and unique to senior life.
Respect their circumstances and confidentiality.
Provide guidance and assistance with the elder’s best interests in mind.
Accommodate their physical and health challenges such as illnesses, vision or hearing impairment, when speaking with them.
- At the turn of the century in Canada, the life expectancy was only 56 years of age.
- In 1952 when the Old Age Security was introduced, the payout began at Age 70 and paid $40.00 per month…Life expectancy in 1952 was only 67 years of age.
- In 1998, it was 81.5 years for women and 76.1 years for men.
- There are more centenarians than ever before. In 1996 there were 3,125, while in 2001 there was an increase of 21% or 3,795 individuals who are 100 years of age or older. And now, in 2021, there were 13,003 who are over the age of 100 years.
- In the coming decades, elders will comprise a larger share of the Canadian population. It is expected that by 2012 an increase to this age group of 30% will take place. This will represent about 33% of the total population. In 2021, seniors aged 65 or more make up 18.1% of the total population. – reference – https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/91-215-x/2021001/sec2-eng.htm